Voice Duels
Voice Duels
Voice Duels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate forum for the discussion of just about anything you can imagine. Discuss politics, Fashion, Graphic Design, Music and much more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Personally.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilkerson
Admin
Wilkerson

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Personally.....   Personally..... EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 pm

I think the US needs to keeps it's nose out of other people's business. Robin Williams had a plan. Basically it says this: "We need to get a plan to withdraw the troops from every country that we have occupied and bring them home. Immediately after[or better yet during the process of] they should focus on keeping out all new illegal entrances to the country, no matter who it is. Then focus on rooting out all the illegals currently in the country, then we can worry less about other peoples problems and focus on the problems we have dwelling over our heads here in our own country." I think this is the smartest thing I've heard so far.
Back to top Go down
https://voiceduels.forumotion.com
V

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personally.....   Personally..... EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:51 am

America has and will always take part in foreign affairs. It's part of their NATO persona. They're supposed to do what they do. They are expected to handle business and be involved with other countries and their problems to find solutions for them. If you haven't checked, America is the top country in the world, with the most powerful military, government, and, even if it is shitty right now, economy.

Most people are dull and say, "Oh I wish we never went to war!". But what were they saying when your towers got hit? "LETS GO KILL US SOME IRAQIES!" Now they complain about their troops being gone and whine about whatever else they can. Face it, America is the best in the world. You take it for granted. Everything has cons, some worse than others. It could be much, much worse.
Back to top Go down
Wilkerson
Admin
Wilkerson

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personally.....   Personally..... EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:24 pm

I understand that. But most of what we are doing is forcing our governmental ideas upon them, If they do not want to accept them willingly what is the point of wasting so many lives on them. If we are indeed the best then we should see these people are a waste of time to fight for. I mean yeah we have the strongest military, but our economy is, as you know running dry, and our government, as you hopefully also know, is [slightly] out of money for the most part. They are continually spending deficit money they simply do not have, simply to keep this war going on. And you didn't even argue the point I made about focusing on the illegals, so I assume you agree with me on that subject. But as for 9/11 I was in the sixth grade and I still thought going to war was a bad idea. I sat in class watching the news, devastated as the next person, nearly brought to tears, yet I kept my mind about me unlike most of the rest of the country whose eyes were glazed with fury. Yeah we lost many good people in that attack, but we've lost a hell of a lot more people in this war. My suggestion would have been to step up measures to prevent these kind of things from happening rather than reinventing the entire middle east. This war is not nearly over. I know obama claims to want to end it, but he will see that is not possible. We've started something that cannot simply be overlooked and left to dwindle. It must be finished and everyone knows that. I'm merely stating that I believe it was a horrid idea to go to war. I don't think Bush figured on having to take over the entire middle east when starting this War on Terrorism. He figured "Hell we go over there kick some terrorist ass take their [WMPs] and leave." Sorry, not gonna happen. This war will last a long time yet. It's already been what nearly 8 years.
Back to top Go down
V

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personally.....   Personally..... EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:11 pm

The US "forced" Democracy upon Iraq because they needed it. After Saddam was killed, they were in anarchy and had no form of government, because he was their dictator. And they've been in Iraq since the 80's, they've been looking for Saddam this whole time. The only reason you went back is because your towers were bombed, then when people got sick of missing the troops, they blame Bush for going to war, when it was the American people who wanted to go to war in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Wilkerson
Admin
Wilkerson

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personally.....   Personally..... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:59 am

That's true. Which is why I despise myself for being an american. Yes, we have the best military, best leaders etc. But most of our population is flat out ignorant if you think about it.
Back to top Go down
V

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personally.....   Personally..... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:02 am

Most, not all. Most of your population is just arrogant. Not ignorant.
Back to top Go down
Wilkerson
Admin
Wilkerson

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personally.....   Personally..... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:50 pm

True. -sigh- I kinda want to be a politician. But I don't want to end up like most of the politicians we have already.
Back to top Go down
V

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personally.....   Personally..... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:28 am

We are the future generation, the future of politics is in our generations hands. People like you and I will control this world, a change is sooner than you might think.
Back to top Go down
Wilkerson
Admin
Wilkerson

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personally.....   Personally..... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:38 am

I would gladly be a politician serving with someone like yourself V. I'm curious who are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Personally..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personally.....   Personally..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Personally.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Voice Duels :: Debate Forums :: Political Debates :: US vs The World-
Jump to: